Saturday, October 20, 2012

My Philosophy on Education


I had the privilege of being in a Montessori school for the first part of my life.  This taught me at a young age to love learning, not to be afraid to ask teachers questions and not to think of it as punishment.  The reason why I began to love learning was because: there were no grades in Montessori school, which took away pressure to all the students, you were allowed to work on something as many times as needed in order to get it right and there were really small class rooms.  I think that the first part of my life did benefit from Montessori.  Today I am benefiting much more at my current school which is more traditional.  These two different types of schools have smaller class rooms, a well structured environment and well trained teachers in common.   Sometimes you grow out of certain things in life, but just because you grow out of something doesn't mean it was bad or not valuable.  Small things prepare you for something big.

No comments:

Post a Comment